When school begins this fall, your child will encounter many hazardous situations for the first time. For that reason, the Vermilion Fraternal Order of Police is sponsoring SAFETY TOWN again this summer. SAFETY TOWN is a ten-day class in safety education open to all children who will be attending kindergarten in September. Under guidance, they practice and experience “real life” situations before being confronted with the situation in their life. Instruction includes pedestrian, motorist, bus, fire railroad crossing, bicycle, toy, playground, drug, and general home safety, as well as a field trip to the police station. SAFETY TOWN is actually a miniature town built to the scale of a small child and has buildings, streets, sidewalks, crosswalks, vehicles, traffic signs, and a traffic light. It is in the small town where the children practice what they learn in our classrooms.
We sincerely hope you will take advantage of the opportunity for your child to participate in this program to help make the first steps into the school years safe ones. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact Katie at 967-6116.
Communications Supervisor Katie Kopriva
Safety Town Head Teacher
- SEATBELT SAFETY – OSP Post 22
- SAFE TOUCH – KIDZ FIRST ADVOCACY CENTER – NORD CENTER
- SCHOOL BUS SAFETY – VERMILION SCHOOLS BUS GARAGE
- FIRE SAFETY – VERMILION FIRE DEPARTMENT
- LIFECARE EMS
- WATER SAFETY – VERMILION HARBOR PATROL
- BICYCLE SAFETY – VERMILION POLICE BICYCLE UNIT
- RAILROAD SAFETY – NORFOLK SOUTHERN
City of Vermilion
- Mayor Jim Forthofer
- Admin. Ass’t. Anne Maiden
Vermilion Police Department
- Chief Christopher Hartung
Vermilion Board of Education
- Superintendent Phil Pempin
Vermilion Elementary School
- Principal Matt Malear
- & the very busy, but very accommodating Custodial Staff!
Vermilion Fire Department
- Chief Chris Stempowski & crew!
Our appreciation goes out to the management and staff of our local Wendy’s for donating lunch for all of our students. Please remember to stop in and thank them for their continued support of our program. They’ve been feeding SafetyTown for 20+ years
HARBORTOWN LODGE #125
FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE